Monday, May 19, 2008

2nd OB Appt. Today!!

This morning I went in for my 2nd OB appt. I wasn't too sure what to expect, so my trusty, experienced sister gave me the low-down as I was driving there. She told me exactly what was to happen, and sure enough she was right on the money as usual :-) I peed in a cup, had my blood pressure taken (90/60) and was weighed. I've only gained one pound since April 15th so put that in your pipe and smoke it! :-) The dr. came in the room and had me jump up on the table so we could listen for the heartbeat. He found it in less than 5 seconds. It was music to my ears since I hadn't heard it before. I had the biggest smile on my face! He estimated it was around 148 this time. Andrea laughed at me and said I am having a boy. We'll see at my 18 week appt. if these old-wives tales ring any truth.

Morning sickness has definitely subsided ALOT and my appetite is back in full-force. I can't wait until I can feel some sort of movement from the little stinker. By this Friday (11 weeks), the baby should be the size of a lime. Mmm, lime in a Corona with some chips & salsa sounds heavenly right now. Guess I have to skip the Corona though, and I'm allright with that!

Until next time boys & girls, help control the pet population ~ have your pet spayed or neutered!!

Love to all,
K

No comments: