Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Little Miss Piggy

Ava had her 5 week checkup yesterday at Dr. Armstrong's office. Bobby and I were estimating her weight to be around or just under 10 pounds. Yea well little miss piglet had a different plan. I put her on the scale and it reads 10 pounds, 15 ounces. That is just one ounce shy of 11 pounds! She is also almost 2 feet tall, LOL! Her length was 22.75 inches. The doctor said she is doing great and everything is perfectly proportionate and growing excellently. I think I'll keep her on the liquid gold for a while longer, it seems to really be agreeing with her well. (Liquid gold=mom's milk) She also had to have a shot yesterday in which I left the room while her daddy stayed with her. I proceeded to wait in the waiting room and cry more than she did. Seriously, it was worse on me than it was on her. She got some extra mommy cuddle time last night and this morning to make up for the traumatic event.

Here's a brand new picture of my little piggy angel taken this morning:

She has a few more chins now than when she was first born, and fell right asleep after I snapped this picture. Time to get some chores done before she wakes up!

Ava is 5 weeks, 1 day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are twins in your baby pics...amazing!

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful! Looks like she'll be trouble in about 16 years!