Wednesday, April 29, 2009

It's Been a While....

So I'm a bad blogger and have been on hiatus, so sorry. We've been quite busy with a few unexepected events lately and hopefully in the coming weeks things will start to even out. I've also been dealing with a bout of post-partum depression which I decided to see the doctor about. PPD is not something to take lightly. I was in serious denial for a long time until one day last week it clicked. I'm very happy to report that I'm doing MUCH better and each day gets even better and better.

I have also started doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. It is perfect for my lifestyle routine - when Ava goes down for her morning nap, I pop in the dvd and "shred" for the required 20 mins. Today I completed day 4. My goal is to lose these last 10 stubborn pounds that I blame Cracker Barrell, Five Guys Burgers, & Moe's on.

On to Miss Ava, she is doing SPECTACULAR! Rolling over, sleeping on her tummy during the day, and two bottom teeth are trying their hardest to poke through. We go on daily walks in our neighborhood and in the pond across the street lives about a 12 foot alligator that we go say hi to. Ava loves riding in her stroller (facing forward now, big-girl style). She also now eats one meal a day in her high chair, from a spoon! I am giving her the apple rice cereal so it has some flavor, and she's still learning but eats all that I give her. I think she's quite proud of herself.

Here's a couple photos of her in her stroller while mommy was sunning herself nearby:



Ava is 5 months old.

No comments: