Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Off the Chart Girl

Almost forgot! Ava had her 4 month check-up last Friday morning. I had been dreading it since I had to take her by myself and knew she was due for a series of shots. So we get there, get put into a room and I get her clothes off and head out to the scale. I told the nurse I predicted she weighs 14.7 - I place her on the scale and boy was I shocked to see it read 16 pounds even! My big girl is an eater! The nurse laughed at me and felt the need to call another nurse over and tell her what I predicted and showed her what the scale said. I was a bit off wouldn't ya say? She is also measuring 26 inches long which puts her "off the chart" as far as height percentile, and in the 92nd percentile for her weight.

Her daddy now calls her "off the chart girl" and makes up a rap song to sing to her about it. It's the funniest thing and she loves it. So long story short, our girl is very, very healthy and growing at an alarming rate. The shots I was dreading were not bad at all. She wailed for about 10 seconds and I was able to calm her and she was fine after that. I didn't even cry this time, and surprisingly she was not fussy at all or did she spike a fever afterward. Life is good!

No comments: