Monday, November 17, 2008

So apparently we were wrong

Little Miss Ava is NOT head down. This was discovered today at my (now) weekly OB checkup. Doc did a quick ultrasound and sure enough the hard thing that's been dancing around under my belly button is really her head, not her butt as we thought. More not-so-great news......

I have to have a c-section at 39 weeks. At first I was totally devastated and cried the whole way home. After talking with my sister (who has had two c-sections) I felt much better and in a way relieved. I've had some time to absorb it and have made a list of good vs. bad. The good far outweighs the bad for me so I am focusing on the positive and getting more excited to meet our little girl a week earlier than we anticipated.

So there you have it, we're having a baby probably the first week of December sometime. (Kelly, I will shoot for the 1st for you, I promise.)

2 comments:

Ashy said...

I know it must be tough hearing that you have to do things differently than you planned/hoped. I'm happy to hear the good outweighs the bad, though! How exciting that you'll be meeting your little Ava so soon!!

Anonymous said...

Lurker here.

I can't remember exactly how I came across your blog, but have followed religiously ever since as I'm due December 8th with my first. It has been comforting to follow your progress with my own and now that we are nearing the end/beginning I just wanted to wish you and your growing family all the very best.