Tuesday, October 28, 2008

1 Year Anniversary!

What a wonderful weekend we had! My sweet, thoughtful husband surprised me on Saturday morning and kidnapped me to the Don Cesar beach resort for a spa getaway and babymoon/anniversary vacation. It was such a nice surprise, he is always up to something. Little did he know that I had a few tricks up my sleeve too. I secretly arranged for a private chef to show up at our house Monday evening to cook us a romantic dinner. Bobby answered the door and was so surprised. I caught it on tape, check it out:



Here is a slideshow of the weekend activities and the yummy dinner we enjoyed on Monday night.


On the baby update side of things, I did have my 33.5 week OB appointment on Monday morning. Everything is measuring perfectly, and she even kicked the doctor's hand when he was trying to find her heart beat with the doppler. Good girl! Oh, and also all evidence is proving that she is now "head down", contrary to my suspicion. I will have another ultrasound at 36 weeks to verify this discovery. Doc has me coming back in two weeks, then probably on to once a week until I deliver. Wait, whaaaaaa???? She has to come out? How on earth is this supposed to happen? Can't she just stay in there where I know she's warm, safe and protected? Pleeeeeeeease??? The fear of actual childbirth is setting in. I can't stand blood and guts so this is going to be interesting to say the least!


T-minus 43 days until I never sleep again.


1 comment:

Rosio said...

Awww, that looked like such a nice time. What a great 1 yr anniversary!

And wow... I share your fear of childbirthing (and I am not even pregnant yet) but one of my BFFs just had her first. Although she said it wasn't easy, she quickly forgot about it when they brought her her daughter. She said it was amaizing. Lets hope she's right. ;-)